ICYMI—Check out Before the Flood, Leonardo DiCaprio and National Geographic's documentary exploring climate change and the dangers it brings. We like Global Citizen's run down of 9 takeaway facts:
- Greenland and the Arctic are on track to melt entirely.
- The last time the Earth was four degrees celsius warmer was 4 million years ago.
- 50% of all coral has been lost in the past 30 years.
- 700 million Indians cook with biomass, aka cow dung.
- Cows are environmentally hazardous.
- China is the world’s biggest polluter, but it also invests the most in sustainable energy.
- Elon Musk has a plan.
- espite scientific evidence, not everyone believes in climate change, and that has slowed action.
- You can make a difference.
Comissioned by the University of Bristol, Hollow is a permanent public artwork by artist Katie Paterson and architects Zeller & Moye.
Designed as a "miniature forest", when you step inside and you'll find wood samples collected from over 10,000 different tree species that the artist collected from nearly every country around the world. Not only is it visually stunning, but it also is a truly unique look at our planet's history. Learn more about the project and explore over 1,000 of the trees' stories here.
In an effort to minimize bicycle-vehicle collisions, Volvo has created Life Paint, which is a paint that can be sprayed onto any material. During the day it's invisible, but at night it glows by reflecting cars' headlights. It lasts about a week and can be washed off without affecting the color of the surface where you've applied it. Pretty cool!